Crowdfunding Drupal: If you won't put a dollar in the pot, say why not!
Would you give $20 for that feature/fix/documentation you've always wanted in a module/theme/distribution?
Yes? Great! Would you pledge $20 for the chance to give that $20? Wonderful! Please make your tax deductible contribution, which will only be charged if we raise enough to do this, in the next three days!
If not, why not? Serious question— the goal is not to extort money from you, the goal is to extort either money or information (or both). What would make you unwilling to pledge money toward something you think Drupal needs? Please let me know by contact form or in the comments.
So you have goals to evaluate for worthiness and practicality, we intend that Snowball (the platform to get community initiatives rolling) will:
- Allow asynchronous aggregation of wants and needs. We don't want a mad rush of fundraising campaigns (like this one); instead we want to see what people are offering to put time or resources toward, and then help an actionable plan take shape.
- Provide a platform for the instigators, the organizers, the advocates, who are crucial to making things happen in any community.
- Give people with more money than time or talent (for a particular task, so that means most of us) a direct way to contribute.
- Get your most-wanted improvement to Drupal made... provided we find enough other likeminded people who act on their convictions.
- Make the world a better place.
Is this a fool's errand? If so, i have the credentials. but please say why Snowball as a concept doesn't hold together. If not a fool's errand, i think we can continue to broaden those involved in this "initiative to make more initiatives possible" until it is possible itself. Join in and even pledge a few bucks for the effort on CrowdTilt while every cent (if the funding level is reached at all) will go to build it.