Getting started with React.js
- What are the benefits of using React.js?
- How much ES6 do I need to know?
- What is a component and how to create it?
- What is JSX and what about separation of concerns?
- What is props, state, and context?
- What are proptypes?
- What are hooks?
- How to do routing?
- How to work with forms?
- What are class components and lifecycle methods?
- An introduction to React.js
- Creating your first element.
- Introducing JSX.
- Creating reusable components.
- Validating component properties.
- Adding state management with hooks.
- Lifting state to parent components.
- Adding routes.
- Creating forms and handling user input.
- Leveraging context.
- A primer on class components and lifecycle methods.
Anyone who wants a quick start into React.js for building web applications. No previous experience with the library is required. In a single day, you will understand the basic concepts of React.js and how to convert a static site into a dynamic web application. Get tickets now!
A web browser is all that is needed to take the workshop. Installing the React DevTools is highly recommended. They are available for Firefox, Chrome, and (Chromium) Edge. The examples can be executed using a local web server. PHP, Python, Node.js all provide one out the box. It is also possible to run the examples on https://codesandbox.io/
This training will be provided over Zoom. You can ask questions via text chat or audio.
What to expect
Prior to the training
Attendees will receive detailed instructions on how to setup their development environment. In addition, they will be able to join a support video call days before the training event to make the the local development environment is ready. This prevents losing time fixing problems with environment set up during the training.
On the day of the training
- A 1-hour lunch break from 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM ET plus two 15-minutes breaks (one in the morning and another in the afternoon).
- A team of developers available to answer questions and help with training-related issues.
After the training
- Attendees will receive a copy of the training recording.
- Attendees will receive a certificate of completion.